Stamp Auction Terms & Conditions
At our offices at Unit 120, Trident Business Centre, 89 Bickersteth Rd, Tooting, London, SW17 9SH on Tue 26 Sep between 10 am and 5 pm and on Wed 27 Sep between 10 am and 1:45 pm. Earlier viewing may be possible by appointment only.
As much information as possible will be given over the telephone and photocopies or fax copies may be supplied at 20p per photocopy plus postage or fax copies at cost. Bids may also be faxed to us on (020) 8682 2752 (Int +44 20 8682 2752).
Notes to assist bidders
- Conditions of Sale - as per Philatelic Auctioneers Standard Terms and conditions of sale, a copy of which is available upon request.
- Successful Postal Bidders will be notified by a Pro-Forma Invoice unless known by us or have previously supplied suitable references. The Pro-Forma should be paid within Seven Days. Lots will be sent straight away if paying by Credit Card or sending a blank cheque. Interest at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof will be added to any overdue account.
- All lots are subject to a Buyers Premium of 15% + V.A.T. (applicable to all buyers, both inland & overseas).
- "Buy" Bids can only be accepted on the condition that the Auctioneers Decision is final.
- Reserves - Generally these are approximately three quarters of the Estimated Value.
- Bidding will increase by the following steps:
Up to £20 in steps of £1 £20 to £50 in steps of £2 £50 to £100 in steps of £5 £100 to £500 in steps of £10 £500 to £1,000 in steps of £25 £1,000 to £2,000 in steps of £50 £2,000 to £5,000 in steps of £100 £5,000 to £10,000 in steps of £200 £10,000 to £20,000 in steps of £500 £20,000 + in steps of £1,000
- Payment may be made by Cash, Sterling Cheque or Debit Card. Credit cards are also accepted but are subject to a 3.4% service charge on the invoice total.
- Return of Lots - Lots can only be returned if they are not as described in the Auction Catalogue and are returned within four days of receipt. For full details see Philetalic Auctioneers Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Live Internet Bidding - Any lot(s) purchased online through the ATG Media Live
Auction facility (the-saleroom.com) will attract an additional charge for this service in the
sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate.
In completing the bidder registration and providing your debit or credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the auctioneer you
- authorise the auctioneer, if they so wish, to charge the debit or credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the sale via the-saleroom.com, and
- confirm that you are authorised to provide these debit or credit card details to the auctioneer through this site and agree that the auctioneer is entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and cardholder address provided in fulfillment of the sale.
Notes to assist vendors
- Please advise us before sending any lots.
The Rates of Commission are:12% on total auction realisations up to £499.
10% on realisations between £500 and £2499.
8% on realisations of £2500 and above.
- All commission is subject to V.A.T. at the current rate.
- The Minimum Commission is £3.00 per lot.
- The Minimum value of each lot should be £20 (Note Minimum Commission of £3.00), with a minimum total consignment of £100.
- The charge for Withdrawn Lots is 20% of Estimate, Minimum £10.00 per lot.
- Payment is made promptly 35 Days after the Sale.
- There is no charge for unsold lots as long as we agree with any reserves. Commission, at the rates detailed above, will be charged on the reserve of any unsold lot if we consider the reserve to be too high.